[GRASS-dev] how to reproject a raster map with absolute numbers without losing data

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Nov 30 15:50:22 PST 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Moritz Lennert [mailto:mlennert at club.worldonline.be]
Sent: torsdag 1. desember 2016 00.01

>>BTW, I think several modules would benefit from a -b do not build
>>topology...

>Which other modules are you thinking about?
>Moritz

All modules which produce points, e.g. v.to.points, but also v.extract would benefit (there may be more for sure).

In a project I had to patch data on a specific land cover type from three countries, which should be then merged into one dataset. Thus the workflow was v.extract -> v.patch. Building the topology, esp for maps with a lot of areas is often the most time consuming step...

Cheers
Stefan