[GRASS-dev] v.wedge

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Tue Oct 18 14:58:06 PDT 2016

Hi,

while I was looking for a way to restrict r.viewshed results to angular
sectors, I noticed there was no easy way (or I missed it ?) to draw
these so called wedges. The idea was to write a draft addon the old
fashioned way (yes I'm daggy, still writing things in bash, handling
floats with bc!) to produce vector wedges, then convert them to masks.

Hoping it can be useful I attach the bash script, don't know if it's
worth making it an addon, I guess it would be better to write new addons
in python... perhaps someone can turn it into something more "trendy"?

Bye,
Vincent.