[GRASS-dev] grass 7.2 planning

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 14:10:02 PDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:39 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>> On 23/10/16 23:25, Martin Landa wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> no objections, +1 for 7.2.0RC1...
>>

>> +1
>

> As time permits, I'll try to package RC1 tomorrow (err, today), so on 27th Oct.

I have fixed a memory leak in the rasterlib trunk r69751, related to
the new null file compressing, which needs to be backported to relbr72
before final release. Since RC1 is not out yet, should I backport now?
The new null file compression and new compressors for (f)cell files
are new features in G72, by some regarded as quite important new
features, so more testing by those interested in the new compression
methods is most welcome.

There are more memory leaks in lib/raster/open.c and
lib/raster/close.c, but these are minor. However, they should be fixed
at some stage.

Markus M