[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] Q&A on image classification, segmentation, groups and subgroups

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Sep 1 04:44:20 PDT 2016

Hi Sophie,

[Moving this to grass-dev]

On 01/09/16 11:07, Sophie Crommelinck wrote:
> *Q3:*Is there a possibility to apply Simple Linear Iterative Clustering
> (SLIC) image segmentation in GRASS?
>
> *A3:*Currently not, but let me know, if anyone is planning to change this =)

Looking at the papers at [1] the algorithm doesn't look very
complicated, so it shouldn't be too difficult to implement it. Maybe you
could post an enhancement wish on trac [2] so this is not lost in the
pile of emails.

Moritz

[1] http://ivrl.epfl.ch/research/superpixels
[2] https://grass.osgeo.org/development/bug-tracking/