[GRASS-dev] grass 7.2 planning

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Sep 1 05:38:00 PDT 2016

On 01/09/16 14:33, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>> Although I have a question concerning these Makefiles. I noticed that I
>> never entered i.segment.uspo in
>>
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/log/grass-addons/grass7/imagery/Makefile
>>
>> but it is being compiled on the Windows server:
>
> The Windows built train does not use the Makefiles (that's only
> happening on Unix based system) but simply compiles everything in the
> directory tree.
>
> The Linux compile chain for the addons does use the Makefiles: hence
> modules should be added there.

You mean for the binary snapshot ? Users on Linux can still run
g.extension on a module even if it does not have an entry in the section
Makefile...

Here's a preliminary list of the new ones that are listed with
'g.extension -c', but I'll clean that up tomorrow the latest:

v.tin.to.rast: Converts (rasterize) a TIN map into a raster map
v.maxent.swd: Export raster values at given point locations as text file
in SWD format for input in Maxent
v.in.gbif: importing of GBIF species distribution data
v.in.redlist: importing of IUCN Red List Spatial Data
v.class.mlR: Provides supervised support vector machine classification
v.in.natura2000: importing of Natura 2000 spatial data of protected areas
v.mrmr: Perform Minimum Redundancy Maximum Relevance Feature Selection
on a GRASS Attribute Table
v.in.osm: Imports OpenStreetMap data into GRASS GIS.
v.stream.order: Compute the stream order of stream networks stored in a
vector map at specific outlet vector points
r.mcda.promethee: Multicirtieria decision analysis based on PROMETHEE method
r.stream.variables:
r.category.trim: Export categories and corresponding colors as QGIS
colour file or csv file. Non-existing categories and their colour
definitions will be removed.
r.mregression.series:
r.series.decompose: Program calculates decomposition of time series X
r.out.legend: Create and export image file with legend of a raster map
r.terrain.texture: Pit and peak density
r.tri: Terrain Ruggedness Index
r.vector.ruggedness: Vector Ruggedness Measure
r.euro.ecosystem: Sets colors and categories of European ecosystem
raster data set
r.jpdf: From two series of input raster maps, calculates the joint
probability function and outputs the probabilities of occurrence in the
specified bins.
r.neighborhoodmatrix: Calculates a neighborhood matrix for a raster map
with regions
r.change.info: Landscape change assessment
r.randomforest: Provides supervised random forest classification
i.segment.stats: Calculates statistics describing raster areas
i.ortho.corr: Correct orthophoto taking part of the near orthophotos
using the camera angle map
i.segment.uspo: Unsupervised segmentation parameter optimization
i.gcp: Manages Ground Control Points (GCPs) non-interactively.
i.landsat8.swlst: Practical split-window algorithm estimating Land
Surface Temperature from Landsat 8 OLI/TIRS imagery (Du, Chen; Ren,
Huazhong; Qin, Qiming; Meng, Jinjie; Zhao, Shaohua. 2015)
i.lswt: Compute LSWT from TOA Brightness Temperatures

New addons since 7.0.4 (since May):

v.in.pygbif:
v.strds.stats: Calculates univariate statistics from given space-time
raster datasets based on a vector map
v.sort.points: Sorts a vector point map according to a numeric column
v.what.spoly: Queries vector map with overlaping "spaghetti" polygons
(e.g. Landsat footprints) at given location. Polygons must have not
intersected boundaries.
v.explode: "Explode" polylines, splitting them to separate lines (uses
v.split + v.category)
v.clip: Extracts features of input map which overlay features of clip map.
v.surf.tps:
r.colors.matplotlib: Convert or apply a Matplotlib color table to a
GRASS raster map
r.colors.cubehelix: Create or apply a cubehelix color table to a GRASS
raster map
r.object.geometry: Calculates geometry parameters for raster objects.
r3.what: Queries 3D raster in specified 2D or 3D coordinates.
i.landsat8.qc: Reclass Landsat8 QA band according to acceptable pixel
quality as defined by the user
i.fusion.hpf:
i.image.bathymetry: Satellite Derived Bathymetry (SDB) from
multispectral images
m.printws: Opens a workspace file and creates a map sheet according to
its visible contents.