[GRASS-dev] 6.4.6 menudata.xml build error

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 5 01:45:07 PDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Maciej Sieczka <msieczka at sieczka.org> wrote:
> W dniu 05.09.2016 o 01:32, Anna Petrášová pisze:
>>
>> but nothing will change in svn (except for the howto_release.txt), so
>> can't you just make a new package?
>
> If you asked me - release is meant to be immutable. But please do what
> you think is right.

No idea what's right.
The tarball was wrong, the SVN tag is right.

What is the best practice for packaging errors? I remember that there
were issues once in a PROJ4 tarball as well. But I don't recall how
they dealt with it.

A new full release of 6 would be a major PITA, with hours of work for
me which I just spent recently on this topic.

Markus