[GRASS-dev] temporally aggregate a vector time series

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 05:59:21 PDT 2016

Hello devs

I'm wondering whether it is possible to aggregate space time vector data
sets (STVDS).

I have a daily time series of vector maps (points) and I would like to
aggregate it weekly. Is that possible somehow with t.vect.algebra? I
blindly assumed there was something like t.rast.aggregate for vectors too,
but there's no... I think maybe it is possible with t.vect.algebra given
that the operation would be equivalent to *v.overlay operator=or, *but as
with t.rast.algebra, those manual pages are just a mistery to my limited
understanding... Can anyone give any hints? or hall I discard vector time
series approach completely?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,
Vero