[GRASS-dev] status of python script find_program() for addons in Windows ?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Sep 13 03:06:19 PDT 2016

I'm debugging the addon i.segment.stats with a colleague working on
windows. In the module, I call find_program() from the python scripting
library to check whether another addon (r.object.geometry) is
installed. However, the test seems to fail on Windows even if the addon
is installed.

There was some discussions related to this in #2008 [1], but not
specifically concerning windows, except for a comment by Hamish saying:

"works on linux with g.extension, not on Windows due to .bat wrapper
files and .py extension $0 != $0 fun with g.parser"

What is the status of this ? Should this work ?

Moritz

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2008