[GRASS-dev] Working with TGIS without starting GRASS explicitly

Laurent C. lrntct at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 16:27:33 PDT 2016

Hi Sören,

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH is working, thanks. But it cannot be set at
run-time, which is not very user-friendly.
I guess this issue is related to the ticket 2424 [1].

I managed to get it work at run-time by restarting the program with
sys.execv() after setting the path [2], but I find it a bit ugly and
quite verbose to be multi-platform.

It would be great if an easier option was possible.

Regards,
Laurent

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2424
[2] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6543847/setting-ld-library-path-from-inside-python