[GRASS-dev] Adding an expert mode to the parser

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 19:16:49 PDT 2016

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 5:40 PM, Sören Gebbert <soerengebbert at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> >r.mapclac --raster-region= --north= --south= --west= --east= --res=
>> >--ewres= --nsres= --vect-region --raster-align= ...

I like this in the sense that if the region setting for the module is
something which should be managed by these extra options, then they should
be managed in parser, rather than introduced one by one for individual
modules.

But how is this different from using GRASS_REGION? Convenience of
--raster-region=?
Better syntax than environmental variable?