[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #2848: g.gui.vdigit: snapping distance seems to only be defined in map units, not screen pixels

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 26 08:18:07 PDT 2016

#2848: g.gui.vdigit: snapping distance seems to only be defined in map units, not
screen pixels
--------------------------+---------------------------------
  Reporter:  mlennert     |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  wxGUI        |    Version:  svn-releasebranch70
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  vector, digitize
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
--------------------------+---------------------------------

Comment (by annakrat):

 Replying to [comment:9 mlennert]:
 > Replying to [comment:8 annakrat]:
 > > Replying to [comment:7 mlennert]:
 > > > Replying to [comment:6 annakrat]:
 > > >
 > > > Right. It +/- works now, i.e. when I chose "screen pixels", I now
 get the correct value in map units below. However, when I change the value
 (i.e. the number of screen pixels), I get a wrong number below: the number
 of screen pixels instead of map units. I have to switch to map units and
 back to screen pixels for the depicted value in map units to be correct
 again.

 > > OK, I committed a new fix in r69579.
 >
 > Seems to work great, now ! Thanks.
 >
 > Not sure if this is mature enough to backport to release70. You're a
 better judge of that.

 The only problem is in the settings. The old value should be ignored and
 then new value (0 or 1 is saved). You can test it by manually changing the
 values in the settings file. Since you didn't report any problem with the
 new patch I assume it ignores your saved settings value ("screen pixels"
 or the french version), but please check, you should have now there 0 or 1
 if you saved the settings.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2848#comment:10>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>