[GRASS-dev] t.register without input stds

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 14:53:22 PDT 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hola Lu,
>
> Yes, that was a discussion in the user list until a couple of days ago.
> Check this thread:
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2017-February/076022.html
> I sent a diff with an explanation for t.register manual page and Soeren
said
> he would apply it this weekend with some other modifications.

Did it get applied?

Yes, it was applied in 70728 [1]. If not clear enough, please enhance.

Since I stumbled over the same issue and spend a lot of time debugging
for nothing :-) I now understood with off-list help from Soeren that
t.register comes with two modes:

- Mode 1: assigning timestamps to maps only
- Mode 2: registering maps in the space time dataset

I think that the best would be to print these two messages
respectively when invoking t.register without or with "input="
parameter. Like r.sun does...

Yes, that would help. But actually, mode 2, as you call it, does both:
assigns timestamps and registers maps in the input space time dataset.

Vero

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/70728