[GRASS-dev] New attempt to update GRASS for Mac

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Thu Aug 3 15:28:24 PDT 2017

Here is a little bit from one of the discussions on an error like we have reported:

-----

Usually the programmer hasn't observed case-sensitivity or something wasn't added to the target.

The error is issued by the linker (ld) because it can't resolve a reference to a symbol.

-----

MIchael
____________________
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)

Currently, we very much need new Mac binaries. So in this case, I think it will be more useful to find out how to fix this on the Mac and then get on a Linux box and generalize it for Anaconda, so it can be even more widely available.

So I'm hoping for some input on this error if anyone out there has a thought.

I've googled it and it seems to show up under a number of circumstances. The discussion has not been particularly clear, but seems to suggest issues in linking--maybe that could be solved by a minor change in the make file. But nothing I've read so far seems directly relevant to the GRASS case.

Michael

www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu<http://csdc.asu.edu/>