[GRASS-dev] Managing the translations with Transifex

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 8 13:36:52 PDT 2017

Hi,

for the upcoming 7.2.2RC1 release I have updated the translation files
in relbranch72:

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 June 2017 at 12:06, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>>
>> The current (new) flow is [Luca, correct me if I am wrong]:
>>
>> 1. messages are extracted from the source code in trunk with the
>>     common gettext mechanism (done by the transifex portal)
>> 2. folks translate in the transifex portal
>> 3. I or any other developer sometimes merges the translations back
>>     using this script:
>>     grass-addons/tools/transifex_merge.sh
>> 4. start from 1.
>
> correct
>
>> Issue:
>> - how to get messages intro relbranch72
>
> probably msgmerge could be enough

Here my steps (job for the release manager or a dev):

a) updated .po files from source code:
 cd locale/
 make pot
 make update-po

b) next merged in transifex translations with
grass-addons/tools/transifex_merge.sh
  --> .po files got updated, several new languages added from Transifex

c) make verify
  --> with subsequent manual cleanup

Submitted as r71345.

@Translators: please continue to translate at
    https://www.transifex.com/grass-gis/

>> - can step 3 be done with a cronjob? which frequency?
>
> yes it could be done using a cronjob, maybe daily updates could be
> fine, I don't have an answer if something went wrong.
> In other case I could do the monkey job to update the languages...

For now I have done it...

Enjoy,
Markus

--