[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3402: g.gui.gmodeler: trying to add command pushes CPU to 100% and provokes freeze

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Aug 18 09:28:46 PDT 2017

#3402: g.gui.gmodeler: trying to add command pushes CPU to 100% and provokes
freeze
-----------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  mlennert         |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Platform:  Unspecified      |
-----------------------------+-------------------------
 Trying to add a module call ("Add command") to the modeler leads to 100%
 CPU usage and a freeze of the modeler, before the module addition window
 content is visible.

 I can add data and loops and I can load an existing model and access the
 module dialogs, but I cannot add a new module call.

 I've tried with trunk, release72, 7.2.1 and release70, all cause the same
 problem, so I imagine that it probably has to do with some changes in
 relevant external libraries, not in the gmodeler code itself, but I don't
 know how to debug this.

 I'm on Debian testing, so python-wx 3.0.2.0 and python 2.7.

 Can anyone confirm this issue ? It makes the modeler absolutely useless to
 me, so I classify this as major, although it only concerns this particular
 module.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3402>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>