[GRASS-dev] python script utils encoding/decoding overriding unicode with python-future

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Aug 24 07:58:34 PDT 2017

Pietro,

In r71394 [1] you changed the unicode handling in decode()/encode() in
the python script library. However, this broke things on one of my
machines [2] because I didn't have the python-future deb package
installed, which is normally not supposed to be a compulsory dependency
AFAIK.

Is the override of the definition of unicode really necessary ? If I
comment the part of the code where you do the override, the errors I had
go away (as they do if install python-future).

Moritz

[1]
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/71394/grass/trunk/lib/python/script/utils.py
[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3405