[GRASS-dev] python script utils encoding/decoding overriding unicode with python-future

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 08:32:56 PDT 2017

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 25/08/17 17:06, Pietro wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately builtins is used also in other files, and I’m afraid
>> that I should also fix these:

Actually most of them are working properly, I was thinking that the
module builtins was present in both python2 and python3 and only
contains different functions.

Instead builtins exists only in python3, so most of them works because
in python2 try to import some function from builtins and it raise an
exception not because the function does not exists but because the
module does not exists!

Do you think that should we fix them in any case?

> Is this in grass72 as well, or only trunk ?

Changes in scripts.utils is only in trunk:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/tags/release_20170810_grass_7_2_2RC1/lib/python/script/utils.py

 the other are already in the code.

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/tags/release_20170810_grass_7_2_2RC1/lib/python/temporal/core.py#L38

Pietro