[GRASS-dev] Adding hexagonal rasters to GRASS

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Sun Dec 10 01:54:40 PST 2017

Thank you Markus for flagging this up.

A pre-print of the article is now available from at ResearchGate [0] and GitHub [1]. I also made a video of the presentation to the the GISTAM conference [3] (don't recall sending it here).

Since the last message I moved from Switzerland to the Netherlands, were I started a job at ISRIC. So for now I have no spare time to dedicate to hexagons. The short term goal is to port the hex-utils library in to C++; after that starts integration with GRASS.

I will be in Bonn for the Spring code sprint. That will be a good time to get things rolling.

Cheers.

[0] https://www.researchgate.net/publication/321628606_HexASCII_A_file_format_for_cartographical_hexagonal_rasters

[1] https://github.com/ldesousa/ldesousa.github.io/raw/master/documents/HexASCII_Specification.pdf

[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLO4HDCVBp0

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Molenweg 4
Email: luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
RingID: ring:7ca91d83f4f9dec82fec9f1144b8e5c1ef2a110c