[GRASS-dev] Windows compilation failed

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Dec 12 14:38:24 PST 2017

CM Reddy wrote
> Hi All,
>
> I tried to install Grass source on Windows 10 using the following link.
>

> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows
>

> Downloaded the GRASS source from development trunk using the following
> commands.
>
> cd /usr/src
> svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk grass_trunk
>

> On Compilation , it failed with following errors.
>
> <FINAL ERROR>
> Started compilation: Tue Dec 12 12:47:54 IST 2017
> --
> Errors in:
> /usr/src/grass_trunk/raster/r.in.lidar
> /usr/src/grass_trunk/raster3d/r3.in.lidar
> /usr/src/grass_trunk/vector/v.out.lidar
> /usr/src/grass_trunk/vector/v.in.lidar
> --
> In case of errors please change into the directory with error and run
> 'make'.
> If you get multiple errors, you need to deal with them in the order they
> appear in the error log. If you get an error building a library, you will
> also get errors from anything which uses the library.

disabled now lidar modules in winGRASS trunk, winGRASS 74 svn and winGRASS
72 svn:

[GRASS-SVN] r71920 - grass/trunk/mswindows/osgeo4w   svn_grass at osgeo.org
[GRASS-SVN] r71921 - grass/branches/releasebranch_7_4/mswindows/osgeo4w
svn_grass at osgeo.org
[GRASS-SVN] r71922 - grass/trunk/mswindows/osgeo4w   svn_grass at osgeo.org
[GRASS-SVN] r71923 - grass/branches/releasebranch_7_2/mswindows/osgeo4w
svn_grass at osgeo.org

compilation of winGRASS should work now, though without lidar modules.

test by 'svn up' your code and try a new compilation by 'make distclean'
followed by the wiki command.

-----
best regards
Helmut