[GRASS-dev] how difficult would it be to modify i.edge to not load the entire image into memory ?

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 10:07:30 PST 2017

mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> > On 14/12/17 05:45, Vaclav Petras wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Moritz,
> >>
> >> I'm currently at AGU
> >

> > Enjoy ! :-)
> >
> >> and can't dig into the code, but yes, I think it can be rewritten with
segment library, preferably with MarkusM's "segment or in-memory" wrapper.

> > Great ! Markus, is this wrapper in the library, or just in existing
modules ? I know the version in the i.superpixels.slic addon and have some
memory of you implementing it elsewhere.

> I want to put it in the library, but would like to simplify the cache a
bit before putting it in the library. Be aware that addons need their local
version of this cache, otherwise they won't compile against previous
versions of GRASS 7.

I have simplified the cache for i.superpixels.slic in r71936. The
all-in-memory mode uses now less memory and is faster :-)

Markus M