[GRASS-dev] "add to display" when running module from the SHELL

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 02:10:06 PST 2017

> say all raster and imagery and vector modules that generate output map(s), I
> would like this(ese) map(s) to be added to the current stack in the current
> display, the same way it works in the GUI version of the modules (i.e.
> Check-box "Add created maps to layer tree").

so, something like:

# new flag -a: Add new maps to display automaticaly
d.mon wx0 -a
v.random out=p1 n=1000 # new map added to display

?

But in this case you cannot control display parameters
(d.vect/d.rast). There is no layer tree to define properties
afterwards. I am not sure if such flag would make sense.

Now you need:

d.mon wx0
v.random ...
d.vect p1 ...