[GRASS-dev] [release] GRASS 7.2.1 planning

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 23:45:54 PST 2017

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 8:29 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 11:07 AM, Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> > On 20/02/17 10:03, Martin Landa wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> since GRASS 7.0.0 has been released almost two mounts ago (28/12) we
> >> should plan 7.2.1 release. Our goal is to release at least twice or in
> >> better case three times per year. Currently 7.2.1 release is planned
> >> in April [1]. It would mean regarding RFC4 [2]:
> >>
> >> 3/3 - soft freeze (only bugfixes)
> >> 3/4 - hard freeze + RC1
> >> 17/4 - RC2
> >> 24/4 - final
> >>
> >> Any comments?
> >

> > +1
>
> Yes (or we even speed up, perhaps no need to wait for so long).
>
> >> It would be nice also to solve waiting backports [3] till 3/3.
> >
> > Most of these are not bugfixes, but enhancements. I don't think they
should
> > go into a point release. I'd rather we only fix bugs in point releases
and
> > get out 7.4 rather quickly if we feel there are enough enhancements.
>
> At time there are > 200 open tickets:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=7.4.0

One blocker that is already solved, no critical tickets. Of the tickets
with major priority, there is only one marked as defect.

Markus M

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7Planning#a7.2.1tobebackported