[GRASS-dev] v.external: ID confusion

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Jan 11 03:54:38 PST 2017

Hi again,

And sorry, some more v.external issues...

When I try to connect to a remote server in GRASS 7.2.1svn with v.external, I get "database not found" error.

In GRASS 7.0 the database is found with exactly the same command.

However, linking the table fails in 7.0 because the ID column is in mixed cases and column names are not quoted in the SQL generated by v.external.
BTW. Is it necessary to sort the ID column? Does it make sense if UUIDs are used as primary keys?

Cheers
Stefan