[GRASS-dev] Reviewing GSoC 2017 page

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Jan 25 15:35:41 PST 2017

Thanks, quite some interesting GSoC ideas.

I took the liberty to add one on “tools for generating unit tests from examples in module manuals”. Not sure if that is feasible or out of scope. Please feel free to remove it if you don`t find it suitable (I can`t mentor it anyway).

Regarding:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2017#AdditionalfunctionalityforrunningGRASSGISmodulesinJupyterNotebook
(which I also very much like to see become reality, esp. a function like “initGRASS()” from rgrass7) I have the question if that by chance is supposed to be related to last years GSoC on a WebGUI for GRASS (see: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2016/WebGrass).

In order to be really useful, WebGRASS would need a console, and here Jupyter was already mentioned as an option. In addition the WebUI struggled quite a bit with renderinig… So will this proposal be complementary?

Cheers
Stefan