[GRASS-dev] [SoC] Week 06: Integration Of PDAL into GRASS GIS

Paul Schrum paul.schrum at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 12:13:48 PDT 2017

*1. What did you get done this week?*
a. With my mentor's help, resolved the problem with the .o files not
linking.  Accomplishing this included adding the Makefile to the git repo.
(It was not added originally because I inadvertently had Makefile listed in
.gitignore, so I also removed that.  Link to Commit
<https://github.com/PaulSchrum/v_in_pdal/commit/ac59163c3fcbac6fb714621b68e7c8300b869ba9>
)

b. Refactored function basicReaderWriter from dwelling in main.cpp to being
found as a static function in the pipelinejson class.  Commit
<https://github.com/PaulSchrum/v_in_pdal/commit/8f2c4cf5de378964750d7e52e2f9c4e8b2bc3df3>

c. In consultation with my mentor (Vashek) determined to proceed by
creating a new class, PdalVectorMapWriter, which will inherit from PDAL's
Writer class.  This will allow the GRASS Vector Map writer to be included
as an end point in a json pipeline when invoked from GRASS.  Implementing
this has been started but not completed.  This follows on to last weeks
item 2a: "get a basic, no-frills conversion from .las to GRASS to work like
basic .las to .txt is now working."  Commit to add hpp and cpp files
<https://github.com/PaulSchrum/v_in_pdal/commit/2b61beb46b71b956f925ef5cbe3606d74091aa9f>
Commit refactoring existing files
<https://github.com/PaulSchrum/v_in_pdal/commit/939b753c404cc13a56fd2be23ca9f7b85b708557>

*2. What do you plan on doing next week?*
a. Complete last week's item 2a, get a basic, no-frills conversion from
.las to GRASS Vector Map to work.

b. Begin work on a basic conversion from .las to GRASS Raster. (r.in.pdal)

c. Complete last week's item 2c, Create unit tests for item 2a.

d. Begin work adding features to v.in.pdal.

*3. Are you blocked on anything?*
No.