[GRASS-dev] remove todo comment from grass.script.utils set_path

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 08:14:09 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I would like to remove the following comment:

# TODO: why dirname is checked first - the logic should be revised

in the set_pat function:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/lib/python/script/utils.py#L372

the reason is that if we invert the logic as suggested by the comment the
function could find the libraries in the GRASS library path before the
local directories.
Start looking for the module from the local directory it seems more obvious
to me, as first option, than looking around in the system path.
Furthermore this choice is particularly useful for development because as
developer we don't have to build every time, but we can simply run and test
the module from the local shell with:

python modulename.py key=value --overwrite

What do you think?
Is it clearer now?

Could I remove the comment?

Best regards