[GRASS-dev] GRASS flyer for the new osgeo branding

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 19:01:08 PDT 2017

Thank you for working on the flyer, Luca. Please see my comments below.

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 6:55 PM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:

> I worked for the GRASS flyer [0] with the new osgeo branding, the
> content is really similar to the GRASS flyer, just different layout.
>
> Comments?

One of the triangles at the bottom is white (the overall background is
transparent). Is that an intention?

A long term endeavor: the whole paragraph shows bold for me.

Interoperability: I would remove gstat since AFAIU it is retired. There may
be better candidates for that place. For example, we are successfully using
GRASS with Blender (although the heavy lifting is mostly done on the
Blender part thanks to Blender GIS plugin & GDAL). ParaView may be a better
candidate.

G Logo: You have there logo without text with GRASS GIS next to it, so it
looks like a logo. We need to be careful with that and keep the brand. I
agree that we need a more horizontal logo and that we can have a logo in
OSGeo colors (as an alternative). I'm attaching Vincent's version with text
but in OSGeo colors (or close to them - there was still some confusion when
I was grabbing those).

OSGeo logo: It is not there, should be?

Vaclav