[GRASS-dev] GRASS flyer for the new osgeo branding

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jul 26 02:31:36 PDT 2017

On 25/07/17 00:55, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I worked for the GRASS flyer [0] with the new osgeo branding, the
> content is really similar to the GRASS flyer, just different layout.
>
> Comments?

Some quick remarks:

- First of all: who are why addressing with this ? Users or developers ?
The following remarks assume users.

- The first title reads "A mature mapping suite". I'm not sure I would
advertise GRASS first and foremost for mapping. I'd rather present it as
"A mature spatial analysis suite" or something similar.

- Maybe an extract of the "GRASS GIS capabilities" on
https://grass.osgeo.org/documentation/general-overview/ would be more
important than the interoperability and development information. I think
people should first get a vision of what GRASS GIS actually does before
thinking about how interoperable it is...

- Paragraphs could possibly be rearranged to create a drilling down from
the most important general info to more specific info. I would say that
for first contact with users the most important elements are: what is
it/what does it do ? who uses it ? On what OS's does it run ? Is there
documentation ? Is there a community ? Is it "certified" (I agree that
the fact that it is an OSGeo project needs to be prominently present) ?  ...

- I don't think we should adapt our logos to the OSGeo color scheme.
Those are two different branding efforts. Not sure one has to fit into
the other.

That's all for now, especially since I will not have time to work on
this in the near future... ;-)

Moritz