[GRASS-dev] grass wiki: de-emphasize grass6

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 03:13:13 PDT 2017

Hi devs,

I was looking at https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/R_statistics and I
noticed that references to GRASS 6 and spgrass6 are still prominent on
this page. Perhaps it is time to move all these to a less prominent
place on the page, e.g., as note near the end that R can also interface
with grass 6 through the spgrass6 package?

More in general, there are several places on the wiki where grass 6
still features rather prominently (e.g.,
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Help). The wiki is a community
effort so I can make an attempt to improve pages, but before I do so,
perhaps it is good to have a general idea / consensus how to deal with
information/links to grass 6.

In my opinion, the emphasis should be on information related to grass 7,
removing reference to grass6 were not relevant, and otherwise move it to
e.g., 'legacy' pages (which could like back to the more recent
information, similar to the manual pages). What do you think?

Paulo