[GRASS-dev] Dockerfile now in repo

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 16:11:59 PDT 2017

[Using the thread with the announcement for this answer.]

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>
wrote:

> Is this a runnable version of GRASS under Docker or a compilable version
of GRASS?

It is the Dockerfile. You let Docker build a Docker image using that file
(Docker looks to the directory specified and finds the Dockerfile, kind of
like make and Makefile). You then use Docker to run a process in the
container derived from that image. GRASS GIS is build as part of building
of the image. See the readme file for examples:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/README#L53

Vaclav