[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 7.0.6

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 05:49:02 PDT 2017

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 11:39 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Jun 25, 2017 10:12 PM, "Markus Metz" <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 9:15 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>
wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > given the important ctypes/GCC 7 fix in trac #3331
> >
> > has this been properly tested on all supported platforms?
>
> So far on Mac, Windows, Fedora, and OpenSUSE.
>
> > > I suggest to also
> > > release GRASS GIS 7.0.6 (currently unplanned).
> >
> > are there any features in 7.0 that are not present or not working in
7.2?

> > If not, I would rather encourage users to upgrade to 7.2.y instead of
providing a new 7.0.y release.

> The problem is that GRASS will be kicked out of Fedora since it does not
compile on F26. Likewise in similar modern distros where no update to 7.2
happens for whatever reason.

That means, some distros would update GRASS from 7.0.5 to 7.0.6 but not to
7.2.2? Weird.

Sounds like both a new 7.0 and a new 7.2 should be released soon.

Markus M

> > Some bug fixes might have been backported from trunk to relbr72, but
not to relbr70. These would need to be backported to relbr70 as well.

> Not sure..  We may keep it to a minimum to avoid above mentioned mess. it
took so long to get accepted...