[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 7.0.6

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 27 02:49:52 PDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 3:54 PM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 26/06/17 15:42, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Markus Metz
>>> On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 11:39 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>
>>> That means, some distros would update GRASS from 7.0.5 to 7.0.6 but not
>>> to 7.2.2? Weird.
>>
>> AFAIK their rationale is to introduce major updates only within a full
>> distro release cycle.
>> However, I am just guessing here, extrapolating from what I observed
>> in Fedora and Debian.
>
> In Debian, it's mostly a question of timing between Debian freeze for a new
> release and our releases. The new stable was released a week ago with
> 7.2.0-2, and Debian testing has 7.2.1-1.

FWIW, I got 7.2.1 into Fedora yesterday via maintainer Devrim Gündüz
(my updated SPEC file + ctypes patch):

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1972
:-)

Ok, back to the topic:
If the majority of grass-devs thinks that a 7.0.6 release is not
needed, I'm ok with that. Maintainers just need to understand that the
final patch from #3331 is needed to compile with GCC 7.

markusN