[GRASS-dev] Query Regarding GSOC'17 Idea

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Mar 6 23:38:23 PST 2017

Hello Manan and welcome !

Le 7 mars 2017 04:26:36 GMT+01:00, Manan Singh <mananpal42 at gmail.com> a écrit :
>Hi Community!
>I'm Manan, an undergrad from New Delhi, India.
>
>I liked the idea "Additional GUI tools for image analysis" and would
>like
>to know more about it.
>A quick question, is wxpython necessary or some other gui framework can
>also be used(tkinter, pyside or pyqt) ?

Great to see your interest in GRASS GIS !

As the current GUI is written in wxpython, IMHO the tools should be written using that framework as they should integrate into the existing environment.

And even though there has been done work on a Qt GUI during last year's GSoC, I think you working with wx will allow you to profit of much more existing code and experience and make the development easier.

Moritz