[GRASS-dev] GRASS wiki: uploading figures efficiently

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 18:40:27 PDT 2017

Hi,

I wonder if there is a better way of uploading and managing images on the
GRASS (user) wiki (MediaWiki). I always go to a separate page to upload an
image, then I go to get a code snipped somewhere to add it to a page the
way I want. I can't exactly say what workflow I'm looking for, but adding
files to a text file and SVN/Git or copy pasting in some WYSIWIG seems just
much simpler. Please, let me know if I'm missing something.

Perhaps some of the following can be installed, but it is hard to say
without trying.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MsUpload
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:UploadWizard
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SimpleBatchUpload

Use cases (pages with lot of images - tutorials/workshops):

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Workshop_on_urban_growth_modeling_with_FUTURES
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Introduction_to_GRASS_GIS_with_terrain_analysis_examples

Thanks,
Vaclav