[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2017 - SOS tools

massimo di stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 05:50:36 PDT 2017

Hi Ondrej,
what about working on your gsoc 2016 idea?

I guess we all want the GSOC be an “instrument” to involve students in the project they chose and “hopefully” have them continuing what they started …
IMHO this “continuation” is very important and is a clear sign of how much the student cares about to the project itself.

I’ve had bad experience with gsoc, I know the students are not obligated in continuing to contribute to the project after the GSOC period .. but I think that’s what we hope.
It is a very bad feeling when a mentor spent the whole summer following a student which then literally disappear after the application period

for your idea i can see the following improvements:
- porting to qt5
- porting to py3 (only task.py need some twiking)
- complete the modules, I tried it and I found it incomplete.

I can co-mentor if interested.

Massimo.