[GRASS-dev] GSoC 2017 - SOS tools

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Thu Mar 30 09:24:45 PDT 2017

Ondřej Pešek wrote
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am Ondrej Pesek, a student at CTU in Prague (studying master studies in
> geomatics) and I would like to participate in GSoC 2017.
>
> I am most interested in the SOS topic [1]. I will work during summer in
> NINA where I should work with istSOS, So I'm thinking about istSOS also in
> this topic.
>
> I prefer something in python as I made my bachelor thesis in python
> (aerial
> data shift on a trajectory - plugin for QGIS) and I participated in last
> GSoC (PyQt based GUI for GRASS), but I have also basic knowledge of C++
> and
> now I'm trying to get little bit familiar with Java.
> I have no experiences with SOS but I'm open to learn new skills.
>
> Looking forward to your reply.
>
> Have a nice day,
> Ondrej
>

> [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2017#SOStools

As mentioned on the SoC ML :

* There are *3 evaluation periods* this year where mentors are required to
complete an evaluation of their student. After the first 4 weeks of coding,
after 8 weeks of coding and then at the end (after 12 weeks of coding). The
evaluation forms are shorter than previous years so they should take less
time to complete.

Please check your timeline and may adapt there reflecting this requirements
for this year.

-----
best regards
Helmut