[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] r.to.vect stats

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri May 5 06:23:25 PDT 2017

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 3:55 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, meanwhile I changed in r71022 default
> method from 'mean' (module was calculating mean value of categories)
> to 'n' (number of points in cell).

Before it gave expected result for points with Z, e.g. in full NC loc:

r.vect.stats in=elev_lid792_bepts out=ground

Now it gives error (likely due to column=options['column']), but more
importantly, other binning modules (r.in.lidar, r.in.xyz) have mean as
default, so we need to be careful not to be inconsistent and produce
expected results. Can this have no default? Or perhaps the "use" paradigm
as with other modules such as v.to.rast is appropriate here
(use=attr|cat|z), then again we have the issue of default value versus no
value for default, but at least it is general enough to accommodate both
XYZ point clouds and points with attributes.