[GRASS-dev] update of next event on website needed

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat May 13 02:34:21 PDT 2017

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 12:32 AM, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Assuming that users will visit GRASS GIS website following the GRASS7.2.1
> release
> https://grass.osgeo.org/
>
> should the Next event be updated to
>
> foss4g europe
> https://europe.foss4g.org/2017/
>
> and foss4g global Boston
> http://2017.foss4g.org/

Yes, definitely.

The events box content in defined in the "Arty" template in the CMS

> (I am not sure I have access to do it myself),

I would like to
- share the Web site management with more people
- get the migration done to a different CMS, i.e. Wordpress (Martin
had set up a test instance long time back). Yes, CMS since I don't
expect that anyone will maintain a Sphinx/bootstrap/whatever based
site over the years... [1]

Markus

[1] I am maintaining the GRASS GIS Web site since 1998 :-) and my
impression remains that the low barrier solutions work best (next:
Wordpress) nonetheless any more modern approaches will just not work
out over time.