[GRASS-dev] Implement a REST API for GRASS

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu May 25 23:27:38 PDT 2017

It is no about implementation but the concept itself. As soon as there
will be an easy way how to provide GRASS GIS processing as a service,
somebody will run it without understanding all security ramifications
of allowing any input into GRASS. Securing GRASS code would be nice,
but so far we are short on high level developers who could do it.
I'm not voting against anyone making easy to run GRASS via WPS or
REST, I just want to be sure that lack security against various remote
threats is kept in mind.

Māris.