[GRASS-dev] Windows - Bug in dll

temporary2017 at homolog.de temporary2017 at homolog.de
Wed May 31 12:13:10 PDT 2017

Hi!

Now, here comes my second problem (ref. "Windows - Bug in path handling"
for the first one). System: Windows 7 Prof. 64 Bit, german.

I removed GRASS GIS and reinstalled it to "c:\GRASS_GIS", a destination
path without spaces to overcome my first problem. Then the startup goes
one step further and stops again. Here is the output:

¦ Cleaning up temporary files...
¦ Starting GRASS GIS...
¦ Traceback (most recent call last):
¦   File "C:\GRASS_GIS\gui\wxpython\gis_set.py", line 32, in <module>
¦     from core.utils import _
¦   File "C:\GRASS_GIS\gui\wxpython\core\utils.py", line 25, in <module>
¦     from grass.script import task as gtask
¦   File "C:\GRASS_GIS\etc\python\grass\script\task.py", line 35, in
¦ <module>
¦     from xml.parsers import expat  # TODO: works for any Python?
¦   File "C:\PYTHON26\LIB\xml\parsers\expat.py", line 4, in <module>
¦     from pyexpat import *
¦ ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 ist keine zulõssige Win32-Anwendung.
¦ FEHLER: Error in GUI startup. See messages above (if any) and if
¦ necessary, please report this error to the GRASS developers.
¦ On systems with package manager, make sure you have the right GUI
¦ package, probably named grass-gui, installed.
¦ To run GRASS GIS in text mode use the -text flag.
¦ Use '--help' for further options
¦      grass72 --help
¦ See also: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/helptext.html

The german part of the output means:
	ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 applicatian

I tried both - GRASS GIS 32 Bit as well as the 64 bit variant. Neither
of them works.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Regards,

Mark