[GRASS-dev] new proj4 release

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Nov 10 06:47:05 PST 2017

fyi
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2017-November/007849.html
----
All,

I think the current development cycle is coming to an end and a new release
should be made. It's been more than a year since that least release of
PROJ.4. In that period of time the library has improved significantly, most
notably by the introduction of a new and more consistent API, transformation
pipelines and the cct 4D transformation CLI utility. The new additions have
already seen a fair amount of testing and are now at a point where I believe
they are stable enough to be released to the public. I would like to propose
that we release the next version of PROJ.4 on December 15. This gives
roughly a month to take care of the last few kinks that need to be ironed
out. It also gives users of the library amble time to test the developing
version in the setups and report any issues that have appeared since the
last release. With a release mid-december we should aim for a release
candidate in the start of December.

I hope we all agree that the time has come to get a new release out there.
Please voice your opinions on this matter.

Howard, I guess you will be doing some/most of the heavy lifting with
preparing the actual release, so please feel free to propose another time if
this doesn't fit your schedule.
----

and some follow up in the email thread.

-----