[GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.4.0

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Nov 12 14:31:42 PST 2017

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 10:08 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2017 9:03 PM, "Martin Landa" <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,

>> > we got quite some stuff done today at the sprint and if there are no
>> > objections we'll prepare the release 1 by tomorrow.
>>
>> cool, but what do you mean by release 1, RC1, beta1?
>
> RC1!
>
>> And what about creating a new branch?
>
> Sure, that I'll do tomorrow or later tonight.

I'd postpone RC1 to tomorrow since I am still setting up things on
grass.osgeo.org (cronjobs etc).

The source tarball snapshot is meanwhile ready:
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/source/snapshot/

Working on Linux weekly binaries.

cheers,
markusN

PS: Hint: to easily get a GRASS GIS 7.4.svn local source code copy:
Take a clean (--> make distclean) relbranch72 directory, then you can
create a copy of it and
svn switch https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_7_4

... to avoid huge downloads.