[GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.4.0

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 15:41:06 PST 2017

> MarkusM is the one who really knows, but AFAIU, the GEOS implementation
> of buffering is the best we have (or the only one without errors in
> specific cases). There is not function for creating parallel lines in
> GEOS, so for that the functions in buffer2.c are the best we have, but
> they are pretty bad. Apparently, creating a parallel line is not as
> simple as it would sound, and we are still looking for a correct
> implementation, or rather to even see if such an implementation is
> possible.
I played around with native buffering (both versions) and they both
look similarly bad :(
Thus I made v.profile to hard depend on GEOS buffers (no native
option) till we manage to fix problems with native buffering.
Please test if trunk seems to be OK now (I added also a test case
based on your example).
r71769 will need a backport if there will be no objections.

> Moritz
Māris.