[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3427: Ask for improvement of i.segment.stats : Allow parallel work for different rasters

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Oct 16 22:47:53 PDT 2017

#3427: Ask for improvement of i.segment.stats : Allow parallel work for different
rasters
-------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  tgrippa      |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Platform:  Unspecified  |
-------------------------+-------------------------
 Hi,

 I would like to ask for an improvement of i.segment.stats add-on. For the
 moment, the processing workflow is serial (objects statistics computed for
 the first band, e.g. blue, then on red, then on green, etc..). It could be
 great if the process could be parallelized on X different cores. I'm often
 computing objects statistics on +10 different rasters. This improvement
 would allow for saving a lot of processing time.

 Cheers,

 PS: Thank you for making GRASS more and more efficient for Object-Based
 image analysis.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3427>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>