[GRASS-dev] improve resolution of bands

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Oct 20 06:08:18 PDT 2017

On 20/10/17 11:37, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I just discovered this [0], I think it could be really useful this
> functionality in GRASS too, what do you think? The code is LGPL so it
> could be ported "easily" in GRASS.
>

> [0] http://nicolas.brodu.net/recherche/superres/index.html

+1

IIUC, it's a new technique for image fusion ? As of now, we have
i.pansharpen in core which offers very basic fusion techniques and
Nikos' i.fusion.hpf in addons. New techniques would certainly be welcome.

A while ago, I was looking at Bayesian fusion methods, notably R-FUSE
[1], for which Matlab code is available [2], but haven't had the time to
go further. That might be another method that would be great to implement.

Maybe also something to keep in mind for next GSoC ?

Moritz

[1] http://oatao.univ-toulouse.fr/16629/7/wei_16629.pdf
[2] https://github.com/qw245/BlindFuse