[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 7.2.2

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 23:51:49 PDT 2017

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On 13/09/17 00:18, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
>>
>> Markus Neteler wrote
>>>
>>> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Martin Landa <
>>

>>> landa.martin@

>>> neteler@

>>> I am still waiting for this one:
>>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3414#comment:13
>>>
>>> IMHO to be done...
>>> (or deliver 7.2.2 with a known bug and then prepare a future 7.2.3?)
>>

>> no chance to test the patch here....
>>
>> IMHO delivering release with a known bug and keep existing fix for a next
>> release, that's not a good idea.
>>
>> If there is a chance to include this fix, I'm in favour of it.
>

> Both bugs were there before and we did not have much traffic on them, so
I think they are for limited use cases only. Even though I agree that
releasing with known bugs is not ideal (although there are still quite a
few old bugs in the bug tracker...), I also think we should not extend RC
periods (and numbers) too much.

Regarding #3414 (creating a location from a vector with a single point with
v.import/v.in.ogr/g.proj), this is a special and rare case and the
potential fix for v.in.ogr is substantial, therefore I would hesitate to
heavily modify v.in.ogr in RC2.

my2c

MarkusM