[GRASS-dev] PostGIS layer editing

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 03:42:08 PDT 2018

Hi all,

this morning on the Italian mailing list there was a question related
to editing of linked PostGIS layer, doing some tests I got some
question and problems...

1) is it possible to modify feature using the OGR-PostgreSQL driver?
it seems no since I got this error "ERROR 6: DeleteFeature :
unsupported operation on a read-only datasource."
if it is like this I suggest to improve the warning from v.external
"WARNING: GRASS is not compiled with PostgreSQL support. Using
OGR-PostgreSQL driver instead of native GRASS-PostGIS data driver."
adding that the features are in read only mode, in the case I can
modify the string

2) launching g.gui.vdigit with the name of the map, it is not
possibile to select the map in the left combobox, so when I try to
modify a feature I get this error

Execution failed: DELETE FROM "(null)"."node" WHERE node_id = 490 (...)
Reason: ERROR:  relation "(null).node" does not exist
LINE 1: DELETE FROM "(null)"."node" WHERE node_id = 490
                    ^

Unable to delete node 490
Unable to rewrite feature/offset 405 in vector map <routing_osrm>

3) from the GUI instead I can select the vector but If I try to move a
vertex, the complete feature disappear from the monitor and if I exit
from the digitizer the vertex is not moved

should I open ticket for 2 and 3?

--
ciao
Luca