[GRASS-dev] Default content for the "answer" to G_OPT_F_INPUT

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Tue Apr 17 07:32:54 PDT 2018

Le Mardi 17 avril 2018, Markus Metz a écrit :
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 4:21 PM, Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > * Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> [2018-04-17 15:56:10
> +0200]:

> related.

> >> Use the 'answer' parameter:
> >>
> >> #% answer : myfilename
> >>
> >> Moritz
> >

> > It works: it loads the content of an external file. Are we forced to use
> > external files in such a case? Which means an extra file has to be
> > shipped with the source code.
> > Can we not use an in-script hardcoded string for example?
>
> Be aware that you can't use a hardcoded full path, because depending on the
> installation/user/os, that path may or may not exist. If you use a relative
> path, that path is relative to the current working directory which is of
> course not constant between sessions/installation/user/os. I'm afraid a
> default answer to G_OPT_F_INPUT will cause a lot of trouble.
>
> my2c
>
> Markus M

Ciao Markus.

Yet my intention was/is to use a hardcoded string of rules. Not a path to a file.

It appears the only option is to document, the rules, and suggest a copy and paste in to the corresponding field.

Can the parser be extended in this regard with yet another option? Perhaps I missed some existing option (?).

Thank you Markus, Nikos