[GRASS-dev] GSoC introduction Roberta Fagandini

Roberta Fagandini robifagandini at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 04:01:26 PDT 2018

Hi all!
I'm Roberta Fagandini, Ph.D. student at Politecnico of Milano.
My proposal "GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection"
has been accepted therefore I've been selected for the GSoC 2018.
I'm glad to start contributing to OSGeo and especially to GRASS GIS with
the help of my mentors Roberto Marzocchi and Moritz Lennert.

My project consists in the realization of a GRASS GIS module for the
detection of clouds and their shadows in Sentinel-2 images without using
time series.
Below you can find the link to my proposal:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mQyouqbHGHugn5DjEDZI3hc1eU_bT_b0qLJPPwkt_hk/edit?usp=sharing

I would be grateful if you could have a look at the proposal and provide
any suggestions.
Every feedback is welcome and it will be useful to improve my project.

I'm waiting for the writing access to the OSGeo wiki, therefore, I will
share my wiky page as soon as possible.

Thanks for this great opportunity!

Roberta Fagandini