[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3348: wxGTK3: Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkSpinButton

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 25 05:36:32 PDT 2018

#3348: wxGTK3: Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0'
failed in GtkSpinButton
--------------------------+-------------------------
  Reporter:  neteler      |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Component:  wxGUI        |    Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  wxGUI
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
--------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by mlennert):

 I'm also getting a lot of these messages, but the amount depends on the
 size I allow for the GUI window of d.vect or d.rast. Using a tabbed window
 manager, I get many of such messages when I add the GUI windows next to
 many existing windows. However, when I provide a +/- full screen for the
 GUI window, I get only very few such messages.

 I can confirm that the width widgets in the Line tab cause a lot of these
 messages. The same goes for the label_size widget in the Labels tab.

 When launching the d.rast GUI window in tabbed window mode, I get a lot of
 these messages:

 {{{
 gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkNotebook
 }}}

 I get quite a lot of these messages also when I launch d.vect --ui, but
 with tabs on top, not on the left.

 In short: it seems that this really depends on window layout, which it
 shouldn't. Whatever the window layout, we shouldn't see our terminals
 flooded with such messages. Is there any way of making this more robust ?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3348#comment:6>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>